Wood Care Systems De-Fuzz Pads
Wood Care’s defuzz pads are a quick and efficient way to get rid of the fuzzies with only a fraction of the time and effort. They get down between the grain and remove 99% of the fuzz. There are other brushes and pads that we have used but this setup is the quickest and easiest on your arms and shoulders. The pads fit onto a Makita GV 5000 disk sander shown below and can be purchased at http://www.tylertool.com. Its weighs less than 3 pounds and can be held in one hand. You should wear glasses or safety goggles when defuzzing wood.
· Wrap the cord in duct tape. Invariably, the pad will nick the cord and the tape adds an extra layer of protection.
· Use the pad until it wears to the backer pad.
· Unplug the defuzzer before changing the pad.
· Turn the defuzzer, pad-side up to change the pad. When installing the new pad, apply a lot of downward pressure on the bolt with the hex wrench to get it started. Tighten it very tight to keep it from spinning free of the backing disk.
· Use a sanding disk between the backing disk and the defuzz pad. This will help it grip better.
The Makita GV 5000 aka The “De-Fuzzer”
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
For Paint Removal and Sanding ApplicationsFeatures: Makita GV50005" Disc Sander
Specifications: Makita GV5000 5" Disc Sander
· Sanding Disc -- 5"
· No Load RPM -- 4,500
· Amps -- 3.6
· Length -- 7-1/8"
· Net Weight -- 2.6 lbs
· Shipping Weight -- 4.0 lbs
Includes:• 1 Ea. Abrasive disc #80 (742109-9) • Plastic pad (743025-8) • Side handle (273406-7) • Hex wrench (783203-8)